Saturday, December 14, 2013

* Yale Law School: Don't Soil Your Own Nest




A friend of mine who attended Yale Law School at the same time I went to Yale Divinity School, explains to me why we have heard nothing from the Law School faculty about the death in jail of Yale professor Samuel See.

How naive of me not to realize this myself.  I used to say to colleagues "Don't soil your own nest", a variation of Tony Soprano's less polite remark, cited by my Law School friend, below.

Yale Law professors as a matter of policy and practice generally decline to comment on matters involving Yale University.
I had a labor law professor who during an informal discussion with students refused to comment on the then ongoing cafeteria workers strike at Yale University.  I guess it is sort of a variant of Tony Soprano's maxim, "Don't shit where you eat."

No comments: