Tuesday, July 30, 2013

* My "Miss Wilder" papers to go to Yale's Beinecke Rare Book Library

Miss Wilder  chatting with my parents,
at the 1985
 Thornton Wilder Commemorative

LINK to my blog containing most of the papers


Dear Mr. Keane—

Many thanks for your note; I have consulted with my colleagues in Manuscripts and Archives and we are all in agreement that your correspondence from Miss Wilder really does belongs here at the Beinecke, where it will have a rich context of related materials about Miss Wilder, her life and her work. I assure you that we will give the collection its own descriptive record indicating that you are the source of the materials and thus keeping the materials distinct from the other Wilder Family materials in our holdings. We will, also, permanently acknowledge your generous gift in our public collection records. I hope this will be agreeable to you.

Sincerely,

Nancy Kuhl

Curator of Poetry, Yale Collection of American Literature
The Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
Yale University
121 Wall Street, P.O. Box 208240

No comments: