Wednesday, February 17, 2010

* Behold---We Shall Be Changed in a Moment . . .






































It took me years to be willing to wear a seat belt, and the deaths of several loved ones who didn't. I was young then. Now, I don't drive five feet without snapping it on.

In the last two years, it took me five seconds--not years -- to change two things in my life:

Time was no longer divided into BCE (Before Common Era) and CE (Common Era)after January 2009: It was divided into BSE and SE (Before Sullenberger Era and Sullenberger Era).

After that miracle man landed U.S. Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River, I decided firmly something every travel agent in America would hate me for----Never to get on an airplane again. Ever.

The year before in August, when Ted Kennedy announced he had brain cancer, it took reading one article in The New York Times about the cell-phone/brain-cancer debate being re-opened due to Kennedy's illness, for me to change my cell-phone behavior consistently: I never put the phone to my skull anymore; instead, I listen to it and speak into it on speaker-phone, 6 inches from my head.

Behold-- changed in the twinkling of an eye.

No comments: