Wednesday, May 8, 2013

* An Offer to the Mayor of Hamden

Mayor Jackson
Mt. Carmel Burying Ground
One of the  rather blunt emails I received  yesterday made this suggestion:


"In lieu of offering space to an unwelcome terrorist, don't you think far more generous & meaningful gesture would have been to donate that space as the resting place of a fallen US soldier whose family cannot afford a decent burial? "

If the New Haven Register editorial (see previous post) is correct and the Tsarnaev funeral director has declined my offer, I will be happy to donate the two or three remaining plots I own to the Mayor of Hamden's office to be used now or in the future for U.S. soldiers who have died in the service of our country and cannot afford a plot of their own.


I was born in Hamden, molded by its public schools ( HHS '63) and served on the (link) Mayor's Bicentennial Commission from 1975 - 1985.


I offer Mayor Jackson this gift to the Town of Hamden if my previous offer is declined.

No comments: