Wednesday, February 2, 2011

* George Gordon Lord Byron: Many Lengths at Yale




Comments

This was an instructional article itself.
Speaking of Byron, here's a bit of Yale trivia:
A friend of mine who got his Ph.D in Romantic literature from Yale, discovered that after Byron's death no one could recall which of his legs was shorter than the other. Finally, the body was exhumed and an autopsy performed to answer the question (my friend is now deceased, so I can't tell you whether it was right or left.)
The point is, my friend discovered that the autopsy report is in Sterling Library, and it contains verification of another Byronic curiosity:the dimensions of ALL of Byron's body parts, one in particular of which may explain his reputation as a rake.
Need I say more?
Yes, Mr. Keane. Please, please say more.
I was raised not to say more.

No comments: