Wednesday, November 14, 2012

* George Stoney: Father of Public Access TV










CLICK LINK ABOVE FOR FULL SCREEN


Recently I stumbled on the tribute to Geroge Stoney (link  above) on my local public access channel White River Junction, Vermont.


 At the end of the video a woman film-maker in the audience attributes the fact that her films are being shown at Yale to the film-making skills she learned at the public access channel (did I hear her say CCTV ?) which George Stoney founded, thereby beginning the whole public access TV movement.



I owe also debt of gratitude to my local public access TV station CATV8 which helped me put together many of the films on my YouTube channel. (highwatch1)



Many thanks to all the devoted staff a CATV8 in White River Junction, Vermont.



No comments: