Saturday, May 21, 2011

* Toodle-loo: TTFN (Ta Ta for Now)




Genetic Roulette: Divine Dice? 

I wanted to say good-bye.  There's about ten more hours to do so, maybe nine. I won't be going in your direction. 

 It's been great being born a white male in the richest country on earth, where war is waged by the poor and disadvantaged, mostly with skin a different color than mine; and, where the doors of power and privilege are automatically opened for those of my gender.

 I lucked out.  Genetic roulette.


I haven't packed any clothes. I assume there are no clothes in the Beyond just as there are no sex organs to cover up.


And not being a socialite, I'm a bit nervous about the company I'll be in: Bertrand Russell, Abraham Lincoln,  Harriet Beecher Stowe, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Picasso.


All these folks and millions more who disobeyed the Good Book.   


Lincoln and Stowe, especially, since that Holy Volume  specifically includes slavery as an acceptable practice.  


And what about Bertrand Russell, who advocated taking pleasure in the flesh?  And Picasso who did so?  


And then the great heretic, Ralph Waldo Emerson who tried to liberate religion from the hermeneutical tentacles of the past?


My God.  


What ever will I have to say to them  in the way of small-talk around the fireside


----or INSIDE it?













No comments: